Operational for the last four years http://www.keen2learn.co.uk has continually adopted developments in e-commerce and web.2.0. But a recent review with customers allowed the educational games, toys and puzzles website to implement extensive user improvements.
Keen2kearn was originally developed to give parents the chance to buy the educational games and toys used by teachers in school. This allowed them to support their children’s progress in class by playing these fun games at home. Since the launch of the award winning site teachers have also appreciated being able to access the 1350 products on the site from over 55 suppliers. “Keen2learn allows us to search one site and avoid wading through countless supplier sites or paper catalogues and place an order on account or credit card” said Beverly Smith, maths teacher at a York primary school.
Version 5.0 of the keen2learn site has just been launched. Although continually updated over the years the recent in-depth review with site users allowed a major update that more than matches the big players. “The review allowed us to understand a number of points we had overlooked. Using the site all day develops short cuts that obscured an original irritation. “Our user panel opened our eyes to a better way of doing things” said Alistair Owens managing director at keen2lean.
Key changes in version 5.0 include:
1. A sophisticated onsite search with predictive text and synonyms to allow a much quicker selection
2. Ethical pricing. All prices shown on the site are the final price you pay. There are absolutory no hidden extras that emerge at the checkout!
3. Latest site security measures include a secure socket layer (SSL) operational throughout the checkout. Payment is supported by MasterCard secure code and verified by Visa allowing clients to add their own pin security.
4. The additional security allows us to deliver to a different address than the billing address. A handy facility for relatives seeking to buy a useful present for the family.
5. Age Filter; dial in the age of a child to show age related products
6. More products per page with more detailed product shots. Text is now split into key points for parents, and a more detailed information drop-down for teachers.
7. New sections on renewable energy games and PSHE
8. Improved News and blog section gives product information and opinions on educational issues and the opportunity to follow keen2learn on Twitter
9. Images are now thumbnails with hover-over that reveals an enlarged image.
10. What do you think? Keen2learn now has a star rating letting
customers record their thoughts and opinion of the products
A positive opportunity now exists for parents to give children support with their schooling. The fun educational games from keen2learn are all used by teachers in the classroom. By using them at home children have the chance to practice the lesson content at their own pace. Its great fun and the family can join in. The pressure on teachers and the educational system is enormous – children need all the help they can get.